Ex. 2. Read the situations and write sentences from the words in brackets.
1. You went to Sue's house, but she wasn't there.
(she / go / out) She had gone out.
2. You went back to your home town after many years. It wasn't the same as before.
(it / change /a lot) ________________________
3. I invited Rachel to the party, but she couldn't come.
(she/ arrange / to do something else) ________________________
4. You went to the cinema last night. You got to the cinema late.
(the film / already / begin) ________________________
5. It was nice to see Dan again after such a long time.
(I / not / see / him for five years) ________________________
6. I offered Sue something to eat, but she wasn't hungry.
(she / just / have / breakfast) ________________________ 7. The man sitting next to you on the plane was very nervous. It was his first flight.
(he/ never/ flown/had/ before) _____________________________
8. A woman walked into the room. She was a complete stranger to me.
(I/never/seen/her/had /before) ______________________________
9. Sam played tennis yesterday. He wasn't very good at it; it was his first game.
10. Last year we went to Denmark. It was our first time there.
4. Наведіть 5 пар прикладів речень у формі Future Perfect та Future Simple. Поясніть.
Ex. 3. Open the brackets using Future Indefinite or Future Perfect.
1. We _____________ the new film tomorrow. (watch)
2. I _____________ my homework by the time you come home. (do)
3. They hope he _____________all the exams by the end of June. (pass)
4. _____you _____ here again? (come)
5. I _____________ take your words seriously next time! (not)
6. The police _______________ here before we finish. (arrive)
7. She ________________ everything when she sees me. (understand)
8. By that time the train ____________ without us. (leave)
9. All the preparations_____________ finished before the weekend. (to be) 10. I am sure we ___________ to an agreement by the end of our meeting. (come)
5. Чи виражають часи групи Perfect Continuous, як і часи групи Continuous дію в її розвитку як процес. Яким чином вони пов’язані з часами групи Perfect?
Ex. 4. Open the brackets using Present Perfect Continuous
1. He (to try) to solve this problem for several months till now but he hasn’t found a solution yet.
2. She (to teach) at school for twenty years.
3. Mr. Smith (to work) in his room since early morning.
4. The children (to sleep) for six hours.
5. John is in his room, he (to sit) there since the morning.
6. For 2 hours now we (to talk) and we haven’t come to any conclusion yet.
7. I (to look) for it for half an hour and I can’t find it.
8. Look, your brother (to dance) with that red-haired girl since she came into the room. 9. The telephone (to ring) for five minutes, why don’t you answer. 10. He (to come) here day after day for years.
6. Як утворюються часи групи Present Perfect Continuous, Past Perfect Continuous?
Ex. 5. Put the verb into the most suitable form, past continuous (I was doing), past perfect (I had done) or past perfect continuous (I had been doing).
1. It was very noisy next door. Our neighbors were having (have) a party.
2. We were good friends. We had known (know) each other for years.
3. John and I went for a walk. I had difficulty keeping up with him because he _____________ (walk) so fast.
4. Sue was sitting on the ground. She was out of breath. She ____________ (run).
5. When I arrived, everybody was sitting round the table with their mouths full. They_______________ (eat).
6. When I arrived, everybody was sitting round the table and talking. Their mouths were empty, but their stomachs were full. They _________________ (eat).
7. Jim was on his hands and knees on the floor. He ______________ (look) for his contact lens.
8. When I arrived, Kate _________________ (wait) for me. She was annoyed with me because I was late and she _________________ (wait) for a long time.
9. I was sad when I sold my car. I _____________ (have) it for a very long time.
10. We were extremely tired at the end of the journey. We _________________ (travel) for more than 24 hours
1. Бессонова І. В. Англійська мова (за професійним спрямуванням). Навчальний посібник для дистанційного навчання. – К.: Університет «Україна», 2005. – 263с.
Практичне заняття № 2
Тема: Сучасна людина і комп’ютер.
1. Read the texts and discuss them.
Internet in the Modern Life
The Internet has already entered our ordinary life. Everybody knows that the Internet is a global computer network, which embraces hundreds of millions of users all over the world and helps us to communicate with each other. Information sent over the Internet takes the shortest and safest path available from one computer to another. Because of this, any two computers on the net will be able to stay in touch with each other as long as there is a single route between them. This technology was called packet switching.
Invention of modems, special devices allowing your computer to send the information through the telephone line, has opened doors to the Internet for millions of people.
Most of the Internet host computers are in the United States of America. It is clear that the accurate number of users can be counted fairly approximately, nobody knows exactly how many people use the Internet today, because there are hundreds of millions of users and their number is growing.
Nowadays the most popular Internet service is e-mail. Most of the people use the network only for sending and receiving e-mail messages. They can do it either they are at home or in the internet clubs or at work. Other popular services are available on the Internet too. It is reading news, available on some dedicated news servers, telnet, FTP servers, etc.
In many countries, the Internet could provide businessmen with a reliable, alternative to the expensive and unreliable telecommunications systems its own system of communications. Commercial users can communicate cheaply over the Internet with the rest of the world. When they send e-mail messages, they only have to pay for phone calls to their local service providers, not for international calls around the world, when you pay a good deal of money.
But saving money is only the first step and not the last one. There is a commercial use of this network and it is drastically increasing. Now you can work through the internet, gambling and playing through the net.
However, there are some problems. The most important problem is security. When you send an e-mail, your message can travel through many different networks and computers. The data is constantly being directed towards its destination by special computers called routers. Because of this, it is possible to get into any of the computers along the route, intercept and even change the data being sent over the Internet. But there are many encoding programs available. Not with-standing, these programs are not perfect and can easily be cracked.
Another big and serious problem of the net is control. Yes, there is no effective control in the Internet, because a huge amount of information circulating through the net. It is like a tremendous library and market together. In the future, the situation might change, but now we have what we have. It could be expressed in two words— an anarchist's dream.
Дата добавления: 2018-05-02; просмотров: 779; Мы поможем в написании вашей работы!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!