Читання, переклад та переказ тексту.
A business (also known as a company, enterprise, and firm) is a legally recognized organization designed to provide goods or services, or both, to consumers, businesses and governmental entities. Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies. Most businesses are privately owned. A business is typically formed to earn profit that will increase the wealth of its owners and grow the business itself. The owners and operators of a business have as one of their main objectives the receipt or generation of a financial returns in exchange for work and acceptance of risk. Notable exceptions include cooperative enterprises and state-owned enterprises. Businesses can also be formed not-for-profit or be state-owned.
The etymology of "business" relates to the state of being busy either as an individual or society as a whole, doing commercially viable and profitable work. The term "business" has at least three usages, depending on the scope — the singular usage (above) to mean a particular company or corporation, the generalized usage to refer to a particular market sector, such as "the music business" and compound forms such as agribusiness, or the broadest meaning to include all activity by the community of suppliers of goods and services. However, the exact definition of business, like much else in the philosophy of business, is a matter of debate and complexity of meanings.
Робота над граматичним матеріалом. Revision.
1.Як утворюється множина іменника в англійській мові? Назвіть винятки.
2. Назвіть правила утворення множини іменників для слів латинського та грецького походження.
Ex.1.Give the plural of the following nouns if they have it.
Mouse, house, potato, knife, foot, man, furniture, sheep, news, country.
3. Як утворити присвійний відмінок іменника.
Ex.2. Write these in the possessive form.
The son of the king, the dresses of the girls, the watch of my brother, the rooms of the men, the car of John.
4. Як вживається займенник it?
5. Як перекладається український присвійний займенник свій?
6. Створіть таблицю відповідностей особових та зворотних займенників.
Ex. 3. Complete the sentences using given pronouns (myself/yourself/ourselves or me/you/us і т.д.)
1. Julia had a great holiday. She enjoyed herself .
2. It's not my fault. You can't blame _________.
3. What I did was really bad. I'm ashamed of _________.
4. We've got a problem. I hope you can help _________.
5. 'Can I take another biscuit?' 'Of course. Help _________!'
6. You must meet Sarah. I'll introduce _________ to her.
7. Don't worry about us. We can look after _________.
8. I gave them a key to our house so that they could let _________ in.
9. I didn't want anybody to see the letters, so I burned _________.
10. Am so glad to meet you! Let me introduce _____________.
7. Назвіть взаємні займенники та складіть 5 речень з ними за спеціальністю.
8. Назвіть питальні займенники. Складіть запитання використовуючи всі питальні займенники.
9.Чи є різниця у вживанні неозначених займенників somebody/ anybody, somebody/something, somebody/ somewhere, somebody/ some, somebody/ everybody?
10. Коли вживаються кількісні займенники many, much, few, little, a few, a little?
Ex. 4. Answer the following questions.
Have you any brothers or sisters? 2. Have you got any English books? 3. Are there any pictures on the walls of your room? 4. Are there any trees in front of our house? 5. Can any of your friends speak German? 6. Have you read any English books this year? 7. Did you receive any letters yesterday? 8. Did you invite anybody to your last birthday party? 9. Is there anything in your pocket now? 10. Did you find anybody in your group when you came to school today?
Ex. 5. Fill in the blanks with few, little, a few, a little.
1. I couldn’t buy the coat because I had … money left. 2. Let us buy some ice-cream, I have … money left. 3. … pupils speak English as well as she does. 4. There were very … people in the streets. 5. We can’t play because we have too … time. 6. Give me … apples. 7. They spent … days in the country and then returned to Kyiv. 8. Ask Ann to help you to translate the text; she knows French … 9. Mary works hard at her English. She makes … mistakes in her speech. 10. Can you lend me … money?
Ex. 6. Put in much/many/few/little (one word only).
1. She isn't very popular. She has friends.
2. Ann is very busy these days. She has _______ free time.
3. Did you take _______ photographs when you were on holiday?
4. I'm not very busy today. I haven't got _______ to do.
5. This is a very modern city. There are _______ old buildings.
6. The weather has been very dry recently. We've had _______ rain.
7. 'Do you know Rome?' "No. I haven't been there for _______ years.' 8. I use the phone _____ at work.
9. There wasn't ____ traffic this morning.
10. You need _____money to travel round the world
Дата добавления: 2018-05-02; просмотров: 450; Мы поможем в написании вашей работы!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!