Тема: Партнерство. Співробітництво.
Task 1. Think and say: «What do you know about the structure of a company? »
Task 2. Read and translate the following text.
THE STRUCTURE OF A COMPANY
Organization structure in business is very important. People in a company, its employees hold different positions. The relationship between those employees with different positions makes organization structure. At present, most firms are divided into their major parts:
- capital (shareholders);
Let us take a typical company. A director is a senior manager. He sets up the Board of Directors under the authority of the President. The Board decides what company policy and expenditure must be. The chief executive officer (CEO) is the link between the Board and the senior management. As for middle managers, they run departments of a firm. They account to the senior management for their area of the work done.
There is a difference between executive directors and non-executive ones. The directors who run their firm on day-to-day basis are called executive directors. Those who sit on the Board and do not run the firm directly are called non-executive directors. In modern American English, they use also the term inside directors for executive and outside directors for non-executive ones.
A partnership is an arrangement where entities and/or individuals agree to cooperate to advance their interests. A partnership is formed between one or more businesses in which partners (owners) co-labor to achieve and share profits or losses.
Partnerships are also frequent regardless of and among sectors. Non-profit organizations, for example, may partner together to increase the likelihood of each achieve their mission. Governments may partner with other governments to achieve their mutual goals, as the religious and political organizations may do. Partnerships also occur at personal levels, such as when two or more individuals agree to domicile together. Partnerships between governments, interest-based organizations, schools, businesses, and individuals, or some combination thereof, have always been and remain commonplace.
Cooperation, co-operation or coöperation is the process of working or acting together, which can be accomplished by both intentional and non-intentional agents. In its simplest form it involves things working in harmony, side by side, while in its more complicated forms, it can involve something as complex as the inner workings of a human being or even the social patterns of a nation. It is the alternative to working separately in competition. Cooperation can also be accomplished by computers, which can handle shared resources simultaneously, while sharing processor timeю
Cooperation, more formally speak is how the components of a system work together to achieve the global properties. In other words, individual components those appear to be “selfish” and independent work together to create a highly complex, greater-than-the-sum-of-its-parts system. Examples can be found all around us. The components in a cell work together to keep it living. Cells work together and communicate to produce multicultural organisms. Organisms form food chains and ecosystems. People form families, gangs, cities and nations. Neurons create thought and consciousness. Atoms cooperate in a simple way, by combining to make up molecules. Understanding the mechanisms that create cooperating agents in a system is one of the most important and least well understood phenomena in nature, though there has not been a lack of effort.
Робота над повторенням граматичного матеріалу.
1.Як змінюються англійські прикметники (прислівники)? Назвіть ступені порівняння прикметника (прислівника).
2.Утворіть ступені порівняння прикметників old, far.
Ex.1. Answer the following questions and make the complete sentences.
1. Which is the highest mountain in the world? 2. Is the Black Sea deeper than the Caspian Sea? 3. Which is the shortest month in the year? 4. Is Chemistry more difficult than Physics? 5. It was (good) meal I’ve ever had. 6. The Russian grammar is (difficult) than the English one. 7. Friendship is (strong) than steel. 8. (Long) day has an end. 9. Health is (good) than wealth. 10. Where is it (beautiful), in the mountains or near the sea?
Ex. 2. Choose the right answer.
1. Two people were seriously injured in the accident. (serious / seriously)
2. The driver of the car had serious injuries. (serious / seriously)
3. I think you behaved very ____________. (selfish / selfishly)
4. Rose is ____________ upset about losing her job. (terrible / terribly)
5. There was a ____________ change in the weather. (sudden / suddenly)
6. Everybody at the party was ____________ dressed. (colourful / colourfully)
7. Linda likes wearing ____________ clothes. (colourful / colourfully)
8. Liz fell and hurt herself quite ____________. (bad / badly)
9. Joe says he didn't do well at school because he was ____________ taught. (bad / badly)
10. Don't go up that ladder. It doesn't look ____________. (safe / safely)
Дата добавления: 2018-05-02; просмотров: 365; Мы поможем в написании вашей работы!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!