Задания к грамматическим работам
Грамматическая работа №1
Задание 1. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. I am at my English lesson. I am sitting and doing my exercises. My friend is standing at the blackboard and looking at the teacher. 2. It is getting cold now. Look out. Is it raining now? 3. You are late. What were you doing? I was translating the article. 4. When I came home my parents were having supper and at the same time watching TV. 5. What was he doing when I rang up an hour ago? He was looking through a newspaper .
Задание 2. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. He knows the answer to this question. 2. He leaves home at eight o’clock on weekdays. 3. The last train arrives at midnight. 3. I always keep my problems to myself. 4. It is important to choose a good job. 5. What does she do for a living?
Задание 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Simple:
1. I (to read) every day. 2. He (to sleep) every night. 3. We (to drink) tea every morning. 4. They (to go) to school every day. 5. I (not to sleep) in the daytime. 6. She (not to drink) coffee after lunch.
Задание 4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present или Past Simple:
1. I (to go) to bed at ten o’clock every day. 2. I (to go) to bed at ten o’clock yesterday. 3. My little brother (to wash) his face every morning. 4. Yesterday he (to wash) his face at a quarter past seven. 5. I (not to have) history lessons every day. 6. We (not to rest) yesterday. 7. My brother (not to drink) coffee yesterday morning.
Задание 5. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple:
1. I (to go) to bed at eleven o’clock every day. 2. I (to go) to bed at eleven o’clock yesterday. 3. I (to go) to bed at eleven o’clock tomorrow. 3. I (not to go) to the cinema every day. 5. I (not to go) to the cinema yesterday. 6. I (not to go) to the cinema tomorrow. 7. You (to watch) TV every day?
Задание 6. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. I am at my English lesson. I am sitting and doing my exercises. My friend is standing at the blackboard and looking at the teacher. 2.It is getting cold now. Look out. Is it raining now? 3. You are late. What were you doing? I was translating the article. 4. When I came home my parents were having supper and at the same time watching TV. 5. What was he doing when I rang up an hour ago? He was looking through a newspaper .
Задание 7. Выберите правильную форму глагола в Present Simple Tense или в Present Progressive Tense:
1. The river Nile (flows/is flowing) into the Mediterranean. 2. My parents (are living/live) in Moscow. 3. He usually (stays/is staying) at the Baltimor Hotel when he is in London. 4. Don’t forget to take your umbrella. It (rains/is raining) heavily outside. 5. I (am leaving/leave). Good night. 6. My dad is a teacher, but he (doesn’t work/is not working) at the moment. 7. The boy (does/is doing) his homework now.
Задание 8. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Progressive:
1. The girl (to cook) dinner when the lights (to go) out. 2. The boy (to hurt) himself while he (to skate). 3. When the woman (to enter) the room, the children (feed) the dog. 4. When I (to visit) my friends in Denmark, I (to buy) presents for my family. 5. When it (to start) to rain, we (to bathe) in the river.
Задание 9. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык:
1. It is one of the most interesting books I’ve ever read. 2. No child has yet been in space, but lots of them dream of it. 3. Arthur Haley has been a popular writer for many years. 4. I’ve seen this documentary twice. 5. He has just returned from a business trip to India. He has been all over the country. 6. We have just finished the work.
Задание 10. Вставьте слова already, ever, yet, just в подходящие по смыслу предложения.
1. Have you … been to Great Britain? 2. Have you … finished writing your essay or did you finish it earlier? - I haven’t finished it …. 3. Shall I pay the waiter? – No, I’ve … paid the bill. 4. Have you … spoken to a famous person? 5. Ann, lay the table. I’ve … cooked dinner. 6 They don’t know what the problem is. They have … arrived.
Задание 11. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. On my way to the University I remembered that I had left my report at home. 2. When father came home Tom had already done his homework. 3. I knew that my friend had not yet come. 4. He thought that he had lost the money. 5. By September he had accepted their offer and joined the expedition.
Задание 12. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. By this time tomorrow he will have completed his work. 2. I hope you won’t have forgotten all this by tomorrow. 3 I’ll have finished writing my project long before you get back. 4 He will have finished his translation by tomorrow. 5. Jane will have written the letter to her friend by this time tomorrow.
Грамматическая работа №2
Задание 1. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на формы страдательного залога:
1. Many accidents are caused by dangerous driving. 2. The problem will be discussed later. 3. My sister is being shown a new video. 4. The letter was given to him at once. 5. The director was being interviewed when I came in. 6. The boy has just been sent to bed. 7. A new house will have been built by summer.
Задание 2. Передайте следующие предложения в страдательном залоге, используя форму the Present Simple Tense.
Пример: They usually play hockey in winter.
Hockey is usually played in winter.
1. Students write tests in Mathematics every month. 2. They make beautiful toys at this factory. 3. They export millions of cars from Japan every year. 4. Watchmakers repair watches. 5. People do not use this road very often. 6. The bill includes services.
Задание 3. Передайте следующие предложения в страдательном залоге.
Пример: They are building a new ring road round the city.
A new ring road is being built round the city.
1. They will read this book next term. 2. They cancelled all flights because of dense fog. 3. Somebody is cleaning the room at the moment. 4. I did not realize that someone was recording our conversation. 5. They have changed the date of the meeting. 6. Dan told me that somebody had attacked him in the street.
Грамматическая работа №3
Задание 1. Определите форму и функцию инфинитива. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. To become a spectator of one’s own life is to escape suffering of life. 2. He was too much excited to sit still and took her out into the crowded street to walk. 3. Your eyes are tawny too. That color would be very difficult to capture. 4. The great thing is to have good, strong parts. 5. There is every reason to believe that the child was kidnapped. 6. I had to come down to see someone not far from here.
Задание 2. Перефразируйте предложение, как показано на примере. Определите функцию инфинитива.
Пример 1: She is very weak now and she can’t take her exams.
She is too weak now to take her exams.
1. Jane was very frightened. She couldn’t even call. 2. The man is very cold. He cannot write any more. 3. He has done very much. He can’t give up his experiments. 4. The young writer was very tired. He couldn’t finish his play. 5. The painter is very proud of his work. He won’t stand any criticism.
Грамматическая работа № 4
Задание 1. Замените глагол, данный в скобках, на Причастие I:
1. (call) the steward he ordered a tumbler of ice and couple of glasses. 2. (spend) a year at home she returned to Cube with her husband. 3. He lay on his bed (smoke) a cigarette. 4. Suddenly there was a small (scrape) sound. 5. It was an old woman (wear) glasses. 6. (leave) a nice sum of money by her parents she decided to leave her job.
Задание 2. Замените глагол, данный в скобках, на Причастие I или Причастие II:
1. But when I was told the name of my companion my heart sank. It suggested (close) portholes and the night air rigidly (exclude). 2. In five minutes we were in the middle of a (heat) argument. 3. The lad started as if (awake) from some dream. 4. I sat in the corner (watch). 5. She was staring at him with wide and (terrify) eyes.
Задание 3. Выберите необходимую форму причастия:
1. I enjoyed the book. It was very interested / interesting. 2. They were shocked / shocking when they heard the news. 3. He thought the story was amused / amusing. 4. I was worried / worrying when she didn’t come home. 5. It was surprised / surprising that she didn’t come to the station. 6. I usually find hockey rather bored / boring.
По теме «Прямая и косвенная речь»
Задание 1. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи:
1. “My friend lives in Moscow”, said Alec. 2. He said: “I am sure she will ring me up when she is back in St. Petersburg.” 3. Ann said to us: “They haven’t yet come.” 4. He said to me: “They are staying at the “Europe” hotel. 5. The teacher said to the students: “We shall discuss this subject tomorrow.”
Задание 2. Передайте следующие специальные вопросы в косвенной речи:
1. I said to Nick: “Where are you going?” 2. He said to me: “How long will it take you to get there?” 3. She asked me: “Why didn’t you come here yesterday?” 4. I said to Becky: “What kind of book has your friend brought you?”
Задание 3. Передайте следующие косвенные вопросы в косвенной речи, начиная каждое предложение со слов, данных в скобках.
1. Have you found the book? (She asked me …) 2. Did she go shopping yesterday? (I wanted to know ...) 3. Do they know anything about it? (I wondered …) 4. Is he coming back today? (I was not sure …) 5. Does she know the name of the man? (I doubted …)
Грамматическая работа № 5
Задание 1. Расставьте слова в предложениях по порядку:
1. usually / at 10 o'clock / out of the garage / in the morning / drives / his bike / Fred
2. a shower / after dinner / often / Mrs Lewis / takes
3. a parking place / near the library / we / find / seldom
4. to / I / on / a / night-club / sometimes / Saturdays / go
5. fly / my parents / to Australia / sometimes / I / in winter / and
6. enjoys / very much / swimming / in the pool / always / Mary
7. hardly / last year / could / skate / I
8. is / near / house / there / new / a / our / cinema
9. got / my / problems / I / with / have / home-task / some
10. well / think / your / very / I / don't / sister / drives
11. to / parents / once / the theatre / month / my / a / go
12. his / car / two / ago / Jim / sold / years
13. necklace / can’t / anywhere / Cindy / her / find
14. been / to / India / Mike / has / year / already / this
15. lunch / never / weekdays / she / has / on
Задание 2. Переведите:
1. Телевизор я смотрю редко.
2. На улице темно, и я скоро поду спать.
3. Они что-то очень шумно обсуждают в спальне.
4. Он медленно шел вдоль реки.
5. На уроках мы часто поем песни.
6. Я тихо закрыла дверь и сразу же пошла в ванну.
7. Мой дядя очень любит рыбалку.
8. Анна умеет хорошо играть в теннис.
9. Она все время кричит на детей.
10. Твои книги я положу на стол.
11. Я недостаточно хорошо его знаю.
12. По телевизору много хороших фильмов сегодня.
13. В парке есть красивый фонтан.
14. В прошлый вторник было очень ветрено.
15. Эти туфли я купила в Италии.
Задание3. Выберите верный порядок слов в придаточной части предложений:
1. Could you tell us what time … (it is – is it – does it)?
2. Do you know when … (our bus leave – our bus leaves – does our bus leave)?
3. I wonder if … (he is a doctor – is he a doctor – a doctor is he).
4. Do you remember what … (did Jane wear – Jane wear – Jane wore) yesterday?
5. Do you think … (she can cook well – can she cook well – she can well cook)?
Грамматическая работа № 6
Задание 1. Put in punctuation marks and capital letters:
My name’s hans I’m from zurich in Switzerland I speak german and a bit French zurich is in the north of Switzerland its got a population of about 700,000 im in England now because I want to learn more English the town where im staying is called hastings its on the south coast of England
Jack is a british student hes from York in the north of England hes on a Russian language course at Moscow state university he wants to learn more Russian hes on holiday with his friends in st petrsburg on the coast of the Baltic sea hes fond of rissian art jacks parents are coming to visit him in july hell show them a lot of interesting places
My names donna and ive got a brother his names desmond were twins were English and we live in London we like the same things we like running and swimming but we don’t like tv we like our city it’s a lovely place to live in
It was late Friday evening just before eleven oclock mr jones bought a ticket and walked onto the platform it was a cold January night there wasn’t anybody on the platform the train was late suddenly mr jones heard something it was a cassette player and it was very loud mr jones looked around and saw nobody
Задание2. Some of the sentences below have mistakes. Find these sentences and correct the mistakes. (Capital letters):
1. “The times” has a Sunday colour supplement. 2. We often buy french bread in the form of thick sticks. 3. Jane Austin’s “Sense and sensibility” made a really great impression on me. 4. Sigmund Freud was an Austrian doctor who developed a new system for understanding the way that people’s minds work. 5. Mecca is a city in Saudi arabia where the prophet Muhammad was born. 6. “Casablanca” with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman is considered an all-time classic. 7. The Rolling stones, one of the most successful groups ever, first became popular in 1963. 8. October is the tenth month of the year between september and november. 9. The romans are remembered as skilled and effective soldiers, great builders and engineers.
Задание 3. Give abbreviations for the following. Check in a dictionary. Use full stops where they may appear:
1. the alphabet; 2. Home Box Office (a TV channel); 3. laboratory; 4. Mister; 5. General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (an international organization); 6. please turn over (written at the bottom of the page to tell the reader to look at the next page); 7. departure; 8. His Excellency (a title of important state officials); 9. Member of Parliament; 10. post meridiem; 11. singular; 12. postscript (a note added at the end of a letter, giving more information); 13. John Boynton Priestley; 14. George Bernard Shaw
Задание 4. There are no commas in the sentences below. Say where they must be or may be:
1. Well Matilda aren’t you going outside with the others? 2. Oh I was. I was flying past the stars on silver wings. 3. They passed the greengrocer and then they came out at the other side of the village. 4. You won’t tell anyone about this will you? 5. Calm yourself down child calm yourself down. 6. It is quite possible that you are a phenomenon but I’d rather you didn’t think about yourself like that. 7. “By the way” Ma said “did you do anything about the car?” 8. She was a sweet gentle and caring creature. 9. It was cool dark and very unpleasant down stairs. 10. If you write an email now he will get it immediately Bess believe me. 11. Pop departed across the field to the truck and Mr Charlton at once felt much more himself. 12. When he first asked me I laughed at the question. 13. Have you ever heard of Max Preston who came to our school last month? 14. The woman had a small suitcase a box an h-bag and an umbrella.
Задание 5. Use commas where and if necessary to complete the sentences:
1. This is the problem which we’re solving at the moment. 2. Tell him about it when he comes. 3. If they arrive early they will be able to have a short tour of the city. 4. The man whose face seems familiar to you is our principal. 5. I have been to Rhodes Crete and some other islands of the Mediterranean. 6. The guy who is waiting in the office wants to talk to you. 7. I will be delighted if you get a chance to know this outstanding writer. 8. Emily Green who was here in the morning won’t join us. 9. We’ll ask Dick who is the oldest in the family just to say a few words. 10. If my daughter leaves me I’ll miss her very much.
Задание 6. Explain the use of colons in these sentences:
1. In formal English we always read year dates as hundreds: 1999 9ninteen hundred and ninety-nine). 2. She still enjoys such books: science fiction, detective stories, historical novels. 3. We have everything we need: land, brains, wealth, technology. 4. American Literature: 20th century. 5. She decided against going to Spain in November: the weather is usually dull and rainy there in that month. 6. The man had been paralysed: this, not age, explained his unsteady walk. 7. I decided to leave: John and Mary were obviously tired. 8. Please send the stipulated items: your birth certificate, your passport and your CV.
Задание 7. Use semi-colons instead of commas and full stops it is possible:
1. Taylor was an outstanding actor. With a few telling strokes he characterized King Lear magnificently. 2. The breakfast menu consisted of fruit juice or cereal, a boild egg, toast and marmalade, and a pot of tea or coffee. 3. I had been aware that they sometimes disagreed violently. I had not realised that they were seriously contemplating divorce. 4. The room was bright, spacious and very cosy. 5. Everybody knows that, don’t they? 6. She slowly, carefully, deliberately moved the box. 7. She is expected later today. She is not expected to open the conference. 8. She bought eggs, butter, bread and coffee.
Задание 8. Put in punctuation marks in the direct speech:
A father and his baby
One Sunday some visitors to Hyde Park, who were sitting on benches quietly enjoying their sandwiches, were suddenly surprised by a strange young man.
The young man was pushing a pram. The baby in the pram was crying loudly. The young man stopped and said softly You should take it easy Tom. You should control yourself Tom.
The baby calmed down for a minute but then it started to cry again. The young man stopped, took out a little toy out of the bag, gave the toy to the child and said You should take it easy Tom. You should control yourself Tom.
They went on, but soon the child started to cry again. The young man stopped, took some chocolate out of his bag and gave it to the baby. Don’t worry Tom. It’s Ok Tom. You’ll be all right Tom he said. But the baby didn’t calm down. It just cried louder and louder.
An old woman who had been watching the man came up to him and smiled. You’re a great father she said you know how to talk to your baby, in a nice, quiet voice. Then she looked into the pram and asked What’s wrong with you Tom? Why are you crying?
The father looked at the woman strangely and said The baby is a girl. Her name’s Sabrina. Tom is my name.
Задание 9. Put in commas if it is necessary:
1. This princess who did her best to help the poor and the sick died in 1997. 2. Books by this playwright who lived in the 16th century are still very popular. 3. This is a politician with his famous pipe which he smoked all the time. 4. This musician who comes from Liverpool is famous all over the world. 5. That’s the man who was friends with John Lennon. 6. That’s the politician who was one of the best British prime ministers. 7. That’s the woman whom everybody loved. 8. The building that was next to the school fell down. 9. Jane whose father was also a doctor works at the hospital. 10. I’m going to the town where I spent the best year of my life. 11. In the room I spotted a boy whose father helped me last year. 12. There were a lot of flowers in the tree her grandfather planted. 13. The present that he brought was the best. 14. The girl they are talking about is Mark’s sister. 15. His brother whom I have known for many years phoned me yesterday.
Задание10. Put in punctuations marks that are necessary:
10 Pink Street
Kent TN 1 2 NB
10 02 2012
I haven t seen you for ages How are you
I have good news we moved our house a couple of weeks ago and I had to change school But it s very difficult for me to get used to new classmates and new teachers I don t have friends here and I feel very lonely Where did you meet your best friend What is he like What do you do
I m sorry I have to stop now because I must help my mother about the house Write soon
Задание11. Put in semi-colons and commas where they are necessary:
Most people enjoy travelling but I don’t share their passion. The best holiday for me would be a quiet day when I can watch some films. I hate trains and crowds in the railway stations I’m afraid of travelling by air and I feel seasick when going anywhere by boat. What’s the point in travelling I ask? Why suffer if you can see faraway places on TV?
I’ve always dreamt about travelling. However travelling is not as thrilling an adventure nowdays as it used to be. Travellers of the past risked their lives every minute. Nowdays people travel with too much comfort. They can always find food and medical care. Of course safety and comfort are not bad things, but to me, the old way of travelling is far more attractive!
I like travelling. Once my parents and I were travelling by ship and we were caught in a storm. The waves were huge and the captain insisted that all the passengers should stay in their compartments. The storm lasted for several hours. No one was hurt but now I can understand what travelers of the past felt when they were crossing the oceans on their little wooden ships.
Задание12. Put in all necessary punctuation marks:
thank you for your letter im ben im from great britain my country is beautiful too the capital of great britain is london there are many new and old houses and bridges in london there are a lot of cars in the streets you can also see many interesting towns in gb like oxford Cambridge and others
i live in oxford but I often visit my granny she lives in the country there is a green garden with white red yellow and blue flowers next to her house there are green fields and white sheep in the country
i think russia is a beautiful country so i want to visit russia next summer
your pen friend
Задание13. Put in all necessary punctuation marks:
Мy winter fantasy
yesterday I went to the park I met my best friend there it was sunny and cold we skied in the park we played snowballs and made a funny snowman the snowman looked at us and said hello we liked it very much
when I came home I had lunch at home I did my homework watched tv and drew a picture of my funny snowman
I put the picture on the wall at 10 pm I went to bed the snowman smiled and said good night
Задание14. Put in commas:
1. If I am not too busy I will go to the concert. 2. They will all be surprised if I make such a mistake. 3. If he doesn’t come on time will we have to wait for him? 4. If no one comes to help we will be obliged to do the work ourselves. 5. If you put on your glasses you will see better. 6. What will we do if they are late? 7. Will you be very angry if we don’t come? 8. Will he be very displeased if I don’t ring him up?
Задание 15. Put in commas:
1. Tom’s mother said that that was enough. She said that Tom would never go there again and added that she would see to it. 2. Grandmother asked who would read the next story and added that it was very interesting and that she was sure we all should like it. 3. To begin with she opened all the windows. 4. My neighbor is difficult to deal with. 5. To tell you the truth I am very tired. 6. His behavior leaves a lot to be desired. 7. These children are pleasant to look at. 8. To cut a long story short they got married. 9. To translate this article you must use a dictionary. 10. It was out of the question to bathe in this river.
Задание 16. Put in commas:
1. It is certain to train if you don’t take your umbrella. 2.When copying English texts pay attention to the articles. 3. Be careful when crossing a street. 4. When leaving the room don’t forget to switch off the light. 5. You must have more practice when learning to speak a foreign language. 6. Arriving at the railway station he bought a ticket walked to help the platform and boarded the train. 7. Having left the house and crossing the street he suddenly stopped remembering that he had forgotten to take his tablets. 8. He had no language problems having studied English for a long time.
Задание 17. Put in commas if they are necessary:
1. I think it is time for the bell to ring. 2. I am almost sure they have this book in the library. 3. Probably he recognized you by your photo in the papers. 4. He is sure to be in at this time. 5. Of course she is trying to help you. 6. She is certain to be waiting for you at home. 7. There is little doubt that the first experiment failed. 8. No doubt she knew what she was going to do. 9. I am sure she is fond of the child. 10. Perhaps he visited the Hermitage when he was in St Petersburg last year. 11. I don’t believe you have lost your passport; probably you have put it into another bag.
Задание 18. Put in commas if they are necessary:
1. Everybody knows that Christopher Columbus discovered America. However America was named after Amerigo Vespucci who explored the eastern coast of South America. 2. To test his ideas Heyerdal decided to build a copy of the reed boats which were pictured in ancient Egyptian paintings and sail across the Atlantic. 3. On May 25 1969 the boat called Ra left a port in Morocco and headed across the widest part of the Atlantic. Before reaching Barbados Ra had broken but all the members of the expedition survived and wanted to try again. 4. However it was never used as a fortress. In 1824 it became a place of public entertainment . 5. Paul Samuelson was born on May 15 1915 in Gary Indiana. He was educated at the University of Chicago in Illinois and at Harvard University.
Задание19. Put in commas if they are necessary:
Nowadays many people think that they are too fat even if their doctors disagree. They think the best way to improve their fitness is following a diet. But is dieting really so effective and healthy?
On the one hand if you want to lose weight it is very important to keep your eye on what you eat. To begin with you should cut out snacks and desserts which add weight without boosting energy levels. Besides you ought to cut down on fat as it is believed to be one of the major causes of obesity. Finally you may count the number of calories you eat every day which may substantially reduce the amount of food you eat and help to lose weight.
On the other hand strict dieting may be dangerous. Firstly the lower the calories eaten per day the harder it is to get the daily requirements of proteins and vitamins. In addition excessive dieting causes muscle loss and this loss may be from your heart with severe consequences. Moreover dieting lowers your metabolic rate so when you return to your normal food intake you will put on weight even faster than before.
To conclude I believe that to stay healthy everybody should follow a sensible well-balanced diet that gives their body exactly what it needs. However I think the best way of keeping fit is doing sports. If you do regular exercise you can eat and drink whatever you want because you are burning it all off.
Задание 20. Put in punctuation marks:
I love music. Since my childhood I’ve played many different musical instruments the piano the guitar and even the drums.
My music teacher sometimes says that I have a gift for music and I hope she’s right.
Recently I’ve joined our school band and we are going to take part in a modern music concert.
Unfortunately we couldn’t participate in the city music competition as it was our exam time.
6.1.3. Задания к лексическим работам
Text 1. The Russian system of education
The Russian system of education is made up by the following stages: nursery school, or kindergarten (for children under 7), primary school (1st to 4th grades), secondary school (5th to 9th grades), high secondary school (10th and 11th grades), and higher education at a university.
It has a long-standing tradition in high-quality education. Russia is one of the favorite study destinations among Indian students too for higher education. With many private and state universities, Russia is able to offer end number of courses to its students.
From literature to medicine, Russian universities offer variety of courses and topics. Compared to other countries like UK and USA, the cost of living and fees structure in Russia is quite affordable, which is also one of the prime reasons to attract Indian students in German universities.
Дата добавления: 2018-02-15; просмотров: 273;