Задания и методические указания по организации и проведению практических занятий
Задачами практических занятий дисциплины «Иностранный язык» (английский) является: развитие умений и навыков чтения и перевода литературы по специальности, извлечение и поиск нужной информации и умение обобщать полученную информацию, совершенствование грамматических навыков, обеспечивающих коммуникацию без искажения смысла при письменном и устном общении, формирование навыков перевода, реферирования и аннотирования текстов по специальности.
В процессе освоения дисциплины «Иностранный язык» (английский) студент развивает речевую функцию, т.е. способность функционально использовать иностранный язык как средство общения и познавательной деятельности: умение понимать аутентичные иноязычные тексты (аудирование и чтение), в том числе определять взаимосвязь, взаимодополняемость, взаимообусловленность самостоятельных частей текста, передавать информацию в связных аргументированных высказываниях (говорение и письмо), а также использовать иностранный язык на основе междисциплинарного подхода как средство формирования целостной картины мира.
Обучение письменной речи ведётся в формате упражнений тренировочного характера, направленных на закрепление навыков использования, изученных грамматических и лексических форм для нужд письменной коммуникации, а также заданий, направленных на формирование навыка связного изложения информации в письменной форме.
6.1.1. Задания к грамматическим работам
Лексико-грамматический тест №1
1. …. old are you?
a) where b) what c) how
2) … do you live?
a) where b) how c) which
3) All the … go to school on the 1st of September.
a) childs b) childrens c) children
4) The textbook … my friend is new.
a) of b) at c) if
5) My …. dress is beautiful.
a) mothers b) mother’s c) mother
6) The Volga is … than the Thames.
a) more long b) longer c) the longest
7) London is … city in Europe.
a) the larger b) the largest c) most large
8) This house is higher … that one.
a) than b) this c) as
9) My father has a car, …is brown.
a) she b) it c) they
10) We have many friends. … friends are students.
a) their b) his c) our
11) … book is this?
a) whose b) which c) which of
12) … did you come home late?
a) where b) why c) who
13) …. man lives in Moscow.
a) this b) these c) those
14) He can do all the work …
a) herself b) himself c) ourselves
15) They … five-year students.
a) am b) is c) are
16) His family … large.
a) is b) were c) are
17) Kate … in Moscow last summer.
a) were b) was c) shall be
18) My father … at home tomorrow.
a) will be b) was c) am
19) I have a cat and my friend … a dog
a) haves b) have c) has
20) … is a computer desk in the classroom.
a) These b) There c) That
21) My mother usually … home at 6.
a) comes b) come c) came
22) They … to Kiev next week.
a) went b) will go c) goes
23) Every Sunday we … our granny.
a) shall visit b) visited c) visit
24) Look! The boys … football in the yard.
a) are playing b) plays c) played
25) Jane … TV the whole evening yesterday.
a) was watching b) watched c) watches
26) He … never to London.
a) were b) has been c) have been
27) When father came, John …already his homework.
a) have done b) did c) had done
28) She … the text by 7 tomorrow.
a) will have translated b) translated c) translates
29) The house … here last year
a) was built b) will build c) is built
30) This novel was written … L. Tolstoy.
a) with b) by c) from
31) You … study well to become a good specialist.
a) can b) may c) must
32) … I open the window?
a) may b) ought c) needn’t
33) He … do this job yesterday.
a) can’t b) mustn’t c) couldn’t
34) I am fond of …. .
a) read b) reading c) to read
35) The man … for you in the hall is from Kostroma.
a) to wait b) waiting c) waited
36) London consists of three main parts: …, the West End and the East End.
a) Kensington b) the City c) Wales
37) London is situated on the river ….
a) Thames b) Severn b) Clyde
38) The West End is the …part of London.
a) financial b) richest c) poorest
39) …. is the capital of the USA.
a) Washington b) New-York c) Lincoln
Лексико-грамматический тест №2
1. While Tom … a book, Martha …TV.
a) was reading, watched с) was reading, was watching
b) read, watched d) read, was watching
2. He's a fast runner. I can't run as … as he.
a) fast c) faster
b) fastly d) fastest
3. The film was really boring. It was … I've ever seen.
a) most boring film c) the film more boring
b) the more boring film d) the most boring film
4. There is … sand in my shoes.
a) — c) the
b) a d) an
5. The news was … very depressing.
a) a c) —
b) the d) an
6. She was very proud …his achievements.
a) for c) with
b) of d) at
7. Japan has a large number of volcanoes, sixty-seven of which … active.
a) consider c) were considered
b) considered d) are considered
8. Did you read ... English books at school?
a) some c) much
b) many d) none
9. I... glasses since I was a child,
a) wear c) am wearing
b) wore d) have been wearing
10. What ... bad weather we are having today!
a) the b) f c) an d) —
11. Although the sun was shining, it was still cold, because it … hard for two hours.
a) had been raining c) had rained
b) was raining d) is raining
12. She … at the parcel long enough, before she…
that it was for her brother.
a) had been looking, had understood c) was looking, understood
b) had been looking, understood d) was looking, had understood
13. Can ... of you help me?
a) some c) somebody
b) any d) anybody
14. Catherine is studying law at the university, and so … Nick.
a) is c) was
b) does d) were
15.1 feel terrible. I think I … to be sick.
a) will c) am going
b) go d) will be going
16. Moscow is especially famous … its elegant architecture.
a) for c) with
b) of d) at
17. My book is … interesting … yours.
a) as, as c) as, like
b) like, like d) like, as
18.1 felt very ashamed … making such a stupid mistake.
a) of c) at
b) for d) to
19. ... only one theatre and two cinemas in this city ten years ago.
a) there is c) there was
b) there was d) there were
20. We've got too … petrol. We must have the car filled
at the nearest service station.
a) a little c) much
b) little d) many
21. What time … your friend … tomorrow?
a) will arrive c) will be arriving
b) is arrived d) will arriving
22. California is farther from New York … Pennsylvania.
а) as c) like
b) than d) from
23. English is the main foreign language which … within most school systems.
a) teach c)teaches
b) is taught d) is teaching
24. While peeling potatoes my small brother cut … with a sharp knife.
a) oneself c) his
b) him d) himself
25. The exam was quite easy … we expected.
a) more easy that c) easier than
b) more easy than d) easier as
26. The more electricity you use…
a) your bill will be higher c) the higher your bill will be
b) will be higher your bill d) higher will be your bill
27 .When Mark arrived, the Johnsons … dinner, but
stopped in order to talk to him.
a) were having c) had been having
b) had d) was having
1. Her current interest was ___ and development, but she has changed fields.
a) residence b) research c) resistance d) reputation
2. Ph D ___ has no special references to philosophy.
a) task b) paper c) science d) degree
3. ___ methods include lectures, tutorial and seminars.
a) Innovative b) Teaching c) Technological d) Conferencing
4. Distance education is the largest growing section of ___ in the world today.
a) agriculture b) industry c) education d) subfamilies
5. The ___ to the university begins after the preliminary examination.
a) graduation b) acceptance c) rendering d) preparation
6. ___ is person’s typical patterns of attitudes, needs, characteristics and behaviour.
a) childhood b) personality c) occupation d) relationship
7. Higher education in the US ___ in 1636 when the first colonists ___ Harvard College.
a) has begun, founded b) began, have founded
c) began, founded d) was beginning, have founded
8. Noah Webster ___ An American Dictionary of the English Language in two volumes in 1828, and since then it ___ the recognized authority for usage in the United States.
a) published, became b) has published, has become
c) published, was becoming d) published, has become
9. He ___ at Oxford then. He was not the best student, though he ___ well known among the second year students.
a) was studying, became b) was studying, has become
c) studied, became d) has studied, has become
10. Unless he___ , we ___ to the theatre.
a) doesn't come, won't go b) comes, won't go
c) won't come, don't go d) doesn't come, don't go
11. I can't decide if I ___ you till I ___ when they ___ .
a) will join, will know, will leave b) will join, know, will leave
c) join, will know, leave d) join, will know, will leave
12. I ___ anywhere till my son ___ all his exams.
a) won't go, doesn't take b) don't go doesn't take
c) won't go, takes d) won't go, will take
13. I ___ the article when I ___ home and ___ you up when it ___ ready.
a) will translate, will come, will ring, will be b) will translate, come, will ring, is
c) will translate, will come, ring, will be d) translate, will come, ring, is
14. He ___ me the book providing I ___ it not later than Saturday.
a) will give, will return b) give, return c) will give, return d) give, will return
15. Look, what he ___on the blackboard. He ___ three mistakes.
a) is writing, has made b) has written, had made
c) has been writing, is making d) writes, made
16. Children like ___ tales and always ___ to them with interest.
a) to tell b) to have told c) to be told d) to being told
17. He does not like ___ questions because he does not know how to answer them.
a) to ask b) to be asked c) to being asked d) ask
18. He was clever enough ___in this delicate situation.
a) avoiding, speaking b) to avoid, to speak c) avoiding, to speak d) to avoid, speaking
19. He had some difficulty ___his temper. This scene was worth___. After that he avoided ___by his friends.
a) to control, to watch, to see b) controlling, watching, seeing
c) controlling, watching, being seen d) being controlled, being watched, to be seen
20. There are a lot of people who expect your country ___the same as their own.
a) not to be b) not being c) not be d) not been
21. Did you hear the chairman___an announcement?
a) to make b) making c) be made d) been made
22. When I came in, the discussion seemed ___to an end. They appeared ___patience because they turned out ___for it.
a) to have been coming, to have been losing, be ready
b) to be coming, to be losing, not to be ready
c) to come, to lose, to be ready
d) to have come, to have lost, not to be being ready
23. ___all the exercises he had to do.
a) He carefully wrote b) He wrote carefully
c) Carefully he wrote d) He wrote careful
24. I ___after that.
a) only saw him once b) saw him only once c) saw him once only d) saw only once him
25. When I come ___ some English words which I don't know I always look them ___ in the dictionary.
a) to, for b) on, through c) for, into d) across, up
Дата добавления: 2018-02-15; просмотров: 168;