Перепишите предложения. Выпишите из них глаголы-сказуемые, определите их видовременные формы, залог и укажите инфинитив. Переведитепредложения
1. A new concept is based on our understanding that Earth is an integral system.
2. The air in many towns and cities is being polluted by traffic and industry.
3. Many of the water sources in the country have been polluted with industrial or communal waste.
4. Some progress was made in environmental protection.
Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that, one.
1. People are beginning to realize that environmental problems are their own ones.
2. That ecological problems have become the most important ones at present is evident.
3. It is difficult for mankind to predict changes in the environment.
4. Lead is a toxic substance that can be quickly absorbed by the human organism.
Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на разные значения глаголов tobe, tohave, todo.
1. 159 member-countries of the United Nations Organization have set up environmental protection agencies.
2. There are numerous public organizations such as Greenpeace that are doing much to preserve environment.
3. Usually surface water has to undergo more purification steps than ground-water to become suitable to drink.
4. Did pollution problems receive great publicity?
Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на бессоюзное подчинение.
1. Industrial enterprises pollute the land we live on.
2. The application of pesticides the agricultural sector uses causes emissions of many toxic chemicals.
Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива.
1. To establish standards of air quality is very important in the towns with a high level of pollution.
2. Copernics was the first to explain properly our solar system.
3. Perhaps we will be able to avoid the disaster that threatens the natural world and all of us.
4. Russia and the United States are carrying out joint projects to study and protect ecosystems.
Прочитайте и постарайтесь понять содержание текста. Переведите 4-й и 5-й абзацы.
ECOLOGICAL PROBLEMS OF BIG CITIES
There are over 150 super cities in the world with population from one to 15 million and more. Tokyo, New York, London, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro and Moscow are just a few of the cities which have become super cities.
People in the super cities suffer from polluted environment: bad water, bad air and noise. A new term, urban climate, is used now for such cities. It means high temperature, oppressive atmosphere and intensive smog. Smog can make people feel ill and have difficulty in breathing. In Mexico City just breathing the air is life threatening. It is equivalent to smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. The same situation is in 600 cities of the former Soviet Union.
Air is polluted by the release of harmful substances, smoke from chimneys and exhaust fumes from cars. The problem is especially bad in some cities where there is no much wind and a brown layer of smog hangs in the air.
Some experts consider that it is practically impossible to protect the big cities from pollution. The World Health Organization (WHO) was studying air pollution around the world for over eight years. It measured two things: the level of sulphur dioxide (S02) in the air and the level of smoke. Sulphur dioxide and smoke pollute water and have serious effect on forest, buildings and health of people.
In the WHO report it is shown that the cities with the most considerable level of S02 in the air are Milan, Teheran, Prague, Santiago and Sao Paulo. However, the atmosphere in some cities with clean air gets worse in winter. Helsinki, for example, becomes one of the cities with the largest proportion of S02 in the air in winter. This must be connected with the heating of houses. One can also mention Glasgow and Warsaw which suffer in the same way.
7. Прочитайте текст ещё раз и письменно ответьте на вопрос:
Why does the atmosphere in some cities with clean air become worse in winter?
Перепишите и переведите предложения. Помните, что перевод сложных форм инфинитива и инфинитивных оборотов соответствуют придаточным предложениям.
1. The hardware capabilities can be extended.
2. I know the operator to have returned.
3. We heard the computer work.
Дата добавления: 2018-04-04; просмотров: 638; Мы поможем в написании вашей работы!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!