Перепишите и переведите предложения. Помните, что перевод сложных форм инфинитива и инфинитивных оборотов соответствует придаточным предложениям
1. They want the information to be stored.
2. We are glad to have invited this engineer.
3. About 180 million computers were expected to be replaced.
Перепишите и переведите предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод зависимого и независимого причастных оборотов.
1. Any person spending a lot of time in front of a computer can feel eye fatigue.
2. When asked they input the data.
3. The operator being busy, we went home.
Перепишите и переведите предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод условных предложений.
1. If I have time, I will think about installing the software.
2. If I were you, I would use the more powerful video card.
3. If you had bought a monitor with a high resolution, you would have got a clear image on your screen.
Прочитайте и постарайтесь понять содержание текста. Переведите 3, 4 и 5-й абзацы.
APPLICATION OF COMPUTERS
Computers are sure to have become commonplace in homes, offices, schools, shops, research institutes, plants. The use of computers in business, industry and communication services is widespread today. Computer-controlled robots turn out to improve the quality of manufactured products and to increase the productivity of industry. Computers can control the work of power stations, plants and docks.
An educated man of today needs to have at least some significant knowledge about science, and at least a little significant knowledge about computers, and some active experience with a computer being desirable.
We know computers to have found application in astronomy and upper atmosphere research, weather forecasting. It is interesting to note that computers are widely used in medicine, they having become valuable medical diagnostic tools. The work of banks also depends on computer terminal for millions of daily operations. If there were no terminals, it would be impossible to make inquiries about bank accounts of its customers.
Not long ago the only electronic thing on most cars was the radio. Nowadays on-board computers display such information as car speed, fuel level and can control various engine functions like heating, cooling, oil level.
Computers form a part of many military systems including communications and fire control. They are applied for automatic piloting and automatic navigation. Space exploration is reported to depend on computers for guidance and research.
12. Прочитайте текст ещё раз и письменно ответьте на вопрос:
What is the role of computers in our life?
Перепишите предложения. Выпишите из них глаголы-сказуемые, определите их видовременные формы, залог и укажите инфинитив. Переведитепредложения.
1. Much land has already been required for a new solar power plant.
2. In 1987 the “Greenpeace” public commission was set up.
3. In many countries purifying systems for industrial waters are being installed.
4. Air pollution is caused by both human and natural sources.
Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that, one.
1. It is evident that ecological problems can be solved only on the global scale.
2. One must realize that increasing number of cars results in the increase of air pollution.
3. “Travels for Peace and Nature” is the name of the public movement that appeared in Russia some years ago.
4. The problems of acid rains, global warming, air and water pollution are the most important ones nowadays.
Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на разные значения глаголов tobe, tohave, todo.
1. Now many parts of the world are crowded.
2. Do solar power plants require a lot of land?
3. Solar power plants have few environmental impacts.
4. Many enterprises have to work with dangerous chemical substances.
Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на бессоюзное подчинение.
1. We know this automobile plant pollutes our city very much.
2. The water people use at home may be polluted.
Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива.
1. To protect our nature is the task of every person.
2. It is easier to throw away a piece of paper than to find a garbage can for it.
3. Each of us must do everything possible to keep the land, air and water clean.
4. The work of the “Greenpeace” public commission is to strengthen co-operation among environmentalists from similar organizations abroad.
Дата добавления: 2018-04-04; просмотров: 180;