Identify the topic of each paragraph of the text. 4. Answer the following questions:
4. Answer the following questions:
1. What does the design of a building begin with?
2. Who develops construction documents?
3. What are design professionals’ responsibilities?
4. What sources do design professionals use to prepare their design?
5. What site information is required for design engineers?
6. What is a building space program?
7. What is the definition of the art of building design?
8. What does the design process involve?
· GRAMMAR FOCUS
If clauses Условныепредложения
|Type||SubordinateClause (придаточное предложение – условие)||MainClause (главное предложение – следствие)|
|If you don’t water plants||they die.|| |
|Present Simple||Present Simple|
Если цветы не поливать, они погибают.
Noparticulartime (не относится ни к какому конкретному времени)
|If you don’t water the plants||they will die.|| |
|Present Simple / Cont. / Perfect||FutureSimple|
Если не польешь цветы, они погибнут.
|If you didn’t water plants||they would die.|| |
|Past Simple / Continuous||would + V|
Если бы цветы не поливали, они бы погибали.
Present / Future / No particular time
|If you hadn’t watered the plants||they would have died.|| |
|Past Perfect||would have + V3|
Если бы ты не полил цветы, они бы погибли.
|If you were not so absent-minded||you would have watered the plants.|| |
|Past Simple||would have + V3|
Если бы ты не был так рассеян, ты бы полил вчера цветы.
|Present / no particular time (настоящее)||Past (прошлое)|
|If you had watered the plants yesterday||they would be alive now.|| |
|Past Perfect||would + V|
Если бы ты вчера полил цветы, сейчас бы они были живы.
|Past (прошлое)||Present (настоящее)|
Complete the sentences. Write each sentence three times in first, second and third conditionals.
E.g. If you (to be) free, I (to come) to see you.:
If you are free, I will come to see you.
If you were free, I would come to see you.
If you had been free, I would have come to see you.
If I (to see) her, I (to be) glad.
If I see her, I will be glad.
If I saw her, I would be glad.
If I had seen her, I would have been glad.
1. If my friend (to come) to see me, I (to be) very glad. 2. If mother (to buy) a cake, we (to have) a very nice tea party. 3. If we (to receive) a telegram from him, we (not to worry). 4. If you (not to work) systematically, you (to fail) the examinations. 5. If you (to be) busy, I (to leave) you alone. 6. If I (to live) in Moscow, I (to visit) the Tretyakov Gallery every year. 7. If I (to get) a ticket, I (to go)to the Philharmonic. 8. If I (to live) near a wood, I (to gather) a lot of mushrooms. 9. If my father (to return) early, we (to watch) TV together. 10. If she (to know) English, she (to try) to enter the university.
Change the sentences of real conditions into unreal conditions in the present or future and in the past.
1. If I am not too busy, I shall go to the concert. 2. They will all be surprised if I make such a mistake. 3. If he doesn't come in time, shall we have to wait for him? 4. If no one comes to help, we shall be obliged to do the work ourselves. 5. If you put on your glasses, you will see better. 6. What shall we do if they are late? 7. Will you be very angry if we don't come? 8. Will he be very displeased if I don't ring him up?
Complete the sentences in real conditions.
1. If I (to see) John, I (to tell) him your news. 2. He (to be) very pleased if it (to be) really true. 3. If you (to go) to town on Monday, you (to meet) my brother Tom. 4. If you (to need) help, my father (to help) you. 5. We (to have) a picnic lunch if the day (to be) fine. 6. If you (to ask) a policeman, he (to tell) you the way. 7. I (to finish) the job tomorrow if I (to can). 8. I (not / to require) an umbrella if it( not / to rain). 9. If she (to think) it over carefully, she (to form) a clear opinion. 10. If they (to catch) the bus now, they (to arrive) at half past nine. 11. He (to find) the answers if he (to look) at the back of the book. 12. If you ( to want) me to, I (to come) for a walk with you. 13. If he (to write) to her, she (to answer) at once. 14. If you ( to wait) a few moments, the waiter (to bring) your coffee. 15. He (to lose) weight if he (to stop) eating too much. 16. If she ( to be) patient, I (to try) to explain. 17. I (to wear) a purle tie only if I (to must). 18. If we (to leave) at once, we (to catch) the early train. 19. If he (to do) that again, his father (to punish) him. 20. If she (drink) this medicine, she (to feel) much better.
Complete the sentences in a) real conditions, b) unreal conditions in the present.
1. If I (to know), I (to tell) you. 2. If she (to want) to talk she (to ring up). 3. Her health (to improve) if she (to sleep) longer. 4. If he (to have) enough money, he (to buy) a large house. 5. She (to feel) lonely if Peter ( to go) out every evening. 6. We (to be) pleased to see you if you (to arrive). 7. If we (to can) come on Sunday, we (to come). 8. I (to understand) Mr. Smith if he (to speak) slowly. 9. We (not / to go) by ship unless there (to be) no other way. 10 If you (not / to give) him good meals, he (not / to be able) to work hard.
Дата добавления: 2018-02-28; просмотров: 575; Мы поможем в написании вашей работы!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!