Exercise 67. Questions for comprehension
1. When did the author enter the university?
2. How old is the author?
3. What document did he get after school?
4. Why did he enter the Medical University?
5. Where do the students live?
6. Where can the students have dinner?
7. Is education free of charge at his Medical University?
8. What subjects does the first year curriculum include?
9. What subjects does the author pay great attention to? Why?
10. What do the students do during their practical studies?
11. What do the students do at the lectures?
12. Who delivers lectures at the University?
13. What do the students do in scientific societies?
14. What are the senior students carrying out research work in scientific societies going to do in future?
15. How do the students spend their spare time?
Exercise 68. Find English equivalents in the text of the following word combinations:
1. справляться с научной работой хорошо; 2. ставить опыты на животных; 3. программа первого года обучения включает много предметов; 4. мне очень хочется рассказать вам; 5. лекции, которые читают профессора; 6. знания по медицине; 7. интересные данные опытов; 8. студенты конспектируют лекции; 9. напряженно готовиться к вступительным экзаменам; 10. обращать огромное внимание на; 11. заниматься в аспирантуре; 12. некоторые из моих сокурсников; 13. принимать активное участие в общественной жизни университета; 14. посещать лекции по истории
Exercise 69. Put in articles where necessary.
1. … first year curriculum of our institute includes such subjects as … Biology, … Physics and so on. 2. My fellow student knows … Anatomy well because he works hard at it. 3. … subjects, which … second-year students study, are not difficult. 4. In … May we will take … examination in … Anatomy. I hope to cope with … exam well. 5. … medical students carry on … experiments on … animals in … different laboratories. 6. My sister graduated from … University … last year. 7. We arranged … evening party on … 8th of … March to greet our girls. 8. He always copes with … work he carries on.
Exercise 70. Fill in the gaps with prepositions and adverbs where necessary:
A. 1. I have a friend of mine. Last year he graduated … the Medical University and joined … the great army … doctors. Besides practical medicine my friend is greatly interested … research work and carries … different experiments …animals. Some findings … his works will help him to fight … all diseases.
B. 1. We carry …interesting experiments … the Institute laboratories which have all the necessary equipment. 2. All the students … our group attend lectures delivered … professors … medicine. 3. My sister is greatly interested … Anatomy and pays great attention … this subject. 4. Some … my fellow students belong … our scientific societies where they carry … interesting experiments. 5. Our professor is interested … findings … my experiments. 6. I hope my brother will cope … studies. 7. Yesterday we studied the plan … your research work. 8. Everybody took part … the discussion … some findings … this experiment. 9. This experiment is rather difficult. Please pay more attention … it. 10. All the students of our group take an active part … the University social life.
Fill in the gaps with prepositions and adverbs where necessary:
1. Most … us live … the Institute hostel, only my fellow student lives … his parents. 2. I usually have my dinner … our University canteen. 3. Our rector pays great attention … the system … education … University. 4. … our practical studies we receive much knowledge … medicine. 5. Last year my doctor treated me … the grippe … penicillin.
Exercise 71. Make the following sentences negative.
1. Olga graduated from the Institute a year ago. 2. I will study in the second year next year. 3. My group mate copes with his task well. 4. My friend is eager to be admitted to this Academy. 5. Professor Gromov will deliver lecture in Chemistry every morning. 6. My elder brother carried on experiments in the physics laboratory every day.
Make the following sentences negative.
1. These students study in the second year. 2. That senior student arranged all his affairs in time. 3. Yesterday the students of our group took notes of the lecture in Biology. 4. My fellow student is interested in Physics.
Дата добавления: 2018-09-22; просмотров: 95;