Read the statements and decide whether they are true (T) or false (F). Correct the wrong statements
1. Iron and rocks are examples of living things.
2. Chemical make up is common to living and non-living things.
3. Bacteria and amoeba are multicellular organisms.
4. Heterotrophs produce their own food.
5. Plants can move.
6. Not all living organisms are able to reproduce.
7. Asexual reproduction is the same as sexual.
8. Animals running away when in danger is an example of reproductiveness.
9. All organisms have the same growth rate.
10. Insects and humans have the same life span.
Complete the following sentences using information from the text.
1. Organisms, which have the property of life are called….
2. Despite the great diversity, living organisms…..
3. The structures of all living things are made up…..
4. Unicellular organisms……
5. Multicellular organisms…..
8. The animals that cannot move …..
9. In asexual reproduction…….
10. The sensitivity of organisms is controlled …….
Find in the text the definitions of the following terms.
Match the words to their definitions.
|1||unicellular||a) the sum of all biochemical activities of the organism|
|2||sexual reproduction||b) the smallest structural units of living matter capable of functioning independently|
|3||multicellular organisms||c) single-celled|
|4||cells||d) long, whip-like locomotion organelles found in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells|
|5||flagella||e) that cannot move|
|6||sessile||f) a system of reproduction to which two haploid sex cells fuse to produce a diploid zygote.|
|7||reproduction||g) the ability to maintain a relatively constant internal environment.|
|8||metabolism||h) a method of reproduction in which genetically identical offspring are produced from a single parent.|
|9||asexual reproduction||i) composed of multiple cells and exhibiting some division of labor and specialization of cell structure and functions|
|10||homostasis||j) the process of making a new individual|
Match the sentence halves
|1||Organisms producing energy||a) unicellular organisms|
|2.||In asexual reproduction||b) two parents together produce young.|
|3||Organisms which produce their own food||c) called multicellular organisms.|
|4||The sensitivity of organisms is controlled||d) by cellular respiration or regulating their internal balance, such as the glucose level in human blood, are good examples of homeostasis.|
|5||Heterotrophs||e) are called autotrophs.|
|6||Organisms which have one cell are called||f) get their food from other organisms.|
|7||Organisms, such as animals and plants, have many cells and are||g) are called sessile.|
|8||The animals that cannot move||h) by regulatory systems such as the nervous and endocrine systems.|
|9||We consider something alive||i) if it has certain basic characteristics shared by all living things.|
|10||In sexual reproduction||j) only one parent is involved (such as amoeba).|
Fill in the gaps
|Autotrophs * sessile * asexual life * span growth * unicellular * heterotrophs *cellular * respiration * responsiveness * alive|
1. We consider something ….. if it has certain characteristics shared by all living things.
2. Some organisms, called … organisms, have one cell.
3. … produce their own food.
4. … get their food from other organisms.
5. The sponge is an excellent example of … organisms.
6. In … reproduction only one parent is involved.
7. Organisms, producing energy by … … or regulating their internal balance, such as the glucose level in human blood, are good examples of homeostasis.
8. An organism’s ability to sense changes, taking place inside and outside its body and to react to these changes is …
9. Each organisms has a certain … …
10. … is an increase in body size.
Find 10 words on the theme “Characteristics of living things”.
Words can be placed horizontally, vertically and diagonally
Summarize the text, using headlines of each abstract as a plan.
Дата добавления: 2018-04-04; просмотров: 360;