Примерный тест дополнительного вступительного испытания
Часть 1. Лексико-грамматический тест
Блок А (правильный ответ – 1 балл).
1. When ______________ you finish school?
2. Their lessons start ______________ 8.30 in the morning.
3. They will become officers ______________ 5 years.
4. I think it is ______________ film of all.
b) more interesting
c) the most interesting
d) a most interesting
5. Have you ______________ pets at home?
6. There ______________ many books on the table.
7. There are ______________ in my room.
a) a chair
b) a table
c) two chairs
d) a blackboards
8. ... books are very good.
9. The delegation ______________ yesterday.
b) has arrive
c) has arrived
10. I ______________ no news from him since he ______________ home.
a) had, left
b) have had, has left
c) have had, left
d) had, has left
11. He isn’t here, he ______________just ______________ out.
a) has______________ gone
b) has______________ went
12. ______________ British Empire reached its greatest extent at the end of World War I.
13. ______________ Central Asia is popular by its natural resources.
14. ______________ Elbrus is situated in the Caucasus Mountains and has two extinct volcanic peaks.
15. ______________ Seychelles is a group of volcanic islands in the Indian Ocean.
16. This is the ______________ room I have ever seen.
17. It was the ______________ examination in my life.
a) most difficult
b) more difficult
18. There ______________ a book and three pencils on the table.
19. I picked up the letter, ______________on the floor.
20. ______________English well, he translated the article without a dictionary.
Блок Б (правильный ответ – 2 балла)
1. If he comes tomorrow, we __________________ you together.
a) should visit
b) will visit
c) would have visited
d) would visit
2. If he were not so absent-minded, he _________ to see her off yesterday.
a) shouldn’t forget
b) wouldn’t forget
c) won’t forget
d) wouldn’t have forgotten
3. If he had arrived yesterday, we ____________ you together.
a) would visit
c) will visited
d) would have visited
4. “Will Mary arrive by five?”
a) Fred asked me if Mary would arrive by five.
b) Fred asked me whether Mary arrived by five.
c) Fred asked me if Mary will arrive by five.
d) Fred asked me whether Mary arrives by five.
5. “Don’t touch that flower!”
a) The old lady said not to touch the flower.
b) The old lady said don’t touch the flower.
c) The old lady said no touch the flower.
d) The old lady said it is not to touch the flower.
6. If I were you, I ______________ the boy like that.
a) wouldn’t have treat
b) won’t treat
c) wouldn’t treat
d) might not treat
7. Zeta has sent me two letters; neither of which ..... ..
a) has arrived
b) have arrived
d) is arriving
8. My parents are returning from Italy next Monday at 7 p.m. So this time next Monday I ..... them at the airport.
a) will meet
b) will be meeting
c) will have met
d) will have been meeting
9. When you came, we _____________ for you for an hour.
a) had waited
b) were waiting
d) had been waiting
10. The children are walking in the park, and so _____ their parents.
Часть 2. Словообразование (правильный ответ – 2 балла)
1. The UK works to improve the global environment and has taken global warming __________________ ever since scientists discovered the hole in the ozone layer. (SERIOUS)
2. Nowadays British __________________ are taking part in one of the largest international projects that is undertaken to protect endangered species. (SCIENCE)
3. Going for a walk is the most popular leisure activity in Britain. Despite its high __________________, density and widespread, the UK has many unspoilt rural and coastal areas. (POPULATE)
4. Within the complex of the museum there is a wide __________________ of objects, displays and paintings. (VARY)
5. Galleries and exhibitions are often updated to bring back into view different parts of the huge hidden collections of the museum. This visit will be an ______________ experience (FORGET).
Часть 3. Понимание текста (правильный ответ – 2 балла)
Famous for his mighty beard, Abraham Lincoln was a __________figure. Reared in a poor family, Lincoln was a self-educated lawyer in Illinois, a Whig Party leader, state legislator during the 1830s, and a one-term member of the Congress during the 1840s.
Though he wasn’t actually born in a log cabin, he did have a relatively hard __________. Hard labor was part of the daily __________in the ________where Lincoln grew up, and, at the age of nine, he lost his mother to milk_________. As President, he promoted rapid modernization of the economy through banks, canals, railroads and tariffs to encourage the building of factories..Interestingly, he would grow to be history’s ________President of the United States, standing proud at 6’4″.
As the leader of the moderate faction of the Republican party, Lincoln confronted Radical Republicans who demanded harsher treatment of the South, War Democrats who called for more compromise, antiwar Democrats who despised him, and irreconcilable secessionists who plotted his death.
Even after he died, his story didn’t quite end. In 1876, a group of __________wanted to hold Lincoln’s body for_______, at the hefty fee of $200,000 in gold and the release of one of their___________. They were caught and __________to a year in jail.
Дата добавления: 2018-02-18; просмотров: 306;